Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Baby Orajel 911

If you have a child under the age of two and have recently given them orajel make sure you READ this article. Here are some key points to it.

Benzocaine is a local anesthetic, a drug administered to induce partial or total loss of sensation, and is used to relieve pain in the mouth and irritation of gums.


The FDA has learned that benzocaine products can cause a serious life-threatening condition known as methemoglobinemia. Methemoglobinemia (MET-hemoglobin) is a condition where there is a build-up of methemoglobin in the blood, which reduces the ability of the blood to transport oxygen throughout the body.

Please share with everyone you know that has babies!
Special thanks to my mom for seeing this on tv and calling me to tell me. Sadly, I gave my 6 month old orajel about 10 minutes before she called me.

Like Jennyboo's Best Deals on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment